Thursday, February 7, 2013

Corky Bell's

Last night some friends from home arrived from to spend some days with us on Meandering Joy.  We decided to go to Corky Bell's for dinner.  Steve and Charles had been to Corky Bell's for dinner on one of their men's boat trips.  Corky Bell’s is located at  Gator Landing located on the St. John’s River.  There are many specialty dishes from which to choose such as Garlic Shrimp Scampi, Creamy Seafood Alfredo’s, Corky’s Stuffed Fish and Swamp Treats like Gator Tail and Frog Legs.

We are definitely in Gator Country--We did not tell them we are from Georgia--both the Dogs and the Jackets were represented at our table--yes, Charles is a Tech Graduate--Bless His Heart







 Romans 8:28     Psalm 42:11




4 comments:

  1. I don't know what your plans are, but if you head down to St Augustine & you like history, I suggest a visit to Fort Matanzas. It's a national monument that most people never see. It's located on Anastasia Island (Halifax R)south of St Augustine & the fort served as back door security to Castillo de San Marcos up river. You get a ferry ride over to the island and the tour guide should mention that the view out to the ocean is the same as it was when the Spaniards were there in the 1500s (at least that's what I remember.....I think:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eddie, We love to know about places to visit--especially those places that are not well known.

      Delete
  2. I remember Corky Bells for dinner on the boat trip. Sounds like you enjoyed it ! Say hi to the golden Gator for me (is she winking at you ?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't look too closely at the Golden Gator--I will have to make another visit to see if she winks at me. The food is great at Corky Bells--say hello to all the girls for me!

      Delete