Friday, February 1, 2013

Cotton Depot's Pretty New Location

The Cotton Depot in Monroe opened its doors today in a new location.  Their new home is at 601 South Madison Avenue in an historic mill which has been renovatedCotton Depot has several unique booths furnished  by local artisans, antique dealers, furniture craftsmen, soap makers.    These shops are are some of my favorites to visit when I am in Monroe.

With my camera in hand feeling a little self conscious-- I asked to take pictures of the booths.  Everyone gladly obliged.   The people here are friendly and helpful. 


I sought out Common Designs which is operated by some of my friends.   I admire these gals for their creativity.   Some of my favorites in their booth include  the sweet gum ball topiary , the sea shell designs, and all of the wreaths.
Wouldn't this  basket would make a great Easter decoration? 

After finding Uncommon Goods, I was on a mission to find The Charm House booth.  This booth is run by a friend I have known since our daughters were in elementary school.    She offers classes now in her home studio. Sounds like a fun thing to do with a bunch of friends. 
The Charm House has such pretty vintage treasures


The booth owners have put much effort into their display--using real barn wood.

Such a pretty display


]

The above picture shows air plants in hanging glass jars.  I have been looking for these for months--finally bought one at a great price. Air plants are for me--almost no maintenance.

Dotty runs this booth that sells soaps--I got to talking to her about her adventures aboard her boat named "Dotsea"  Dotty has two booths that sell soap and other great items.

Today's Menu

Very nice antiques

Sassy little pink boots






Visiting the Cotton Depot was such fun.  The vendors are interesting and friendly and ready to talk about how they got started in their business.  Best Wishes to a everyone at Cotton Depot!

No comments:

Post a Comment