Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Good Eats!

While in the Bahamas, it is good to have some easy appetizer recipes to follow to take to any of the numerous small gatherings that spontaneously occur.  It is not all that difficult to find fresh foods on the islands, but these items are much more expensive than one might find at home.  

I found this recipe for Black Eyed Pea Dip in Southern Living All Time Favorites.  I had all of the ingredients on hand on the boat and in my pantry at home.

Ingredients
1/4 cup butter (I omitted this ingredient)
2 -15.8 ounce cans of black eyed peas undrained (I drained mine--I didn't want it too runny)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
2 TBS blackened seasoning
3 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
3/4 cup chopped cooked ham (optional)

Directions

Stir peas, cheeses, seasoning, and green pepper in microwave safe bowl.  Microwave for 5 or 6 minutes until cheese is melted.  Add chopped ham if you choose.  Serve with tortilla chips!



No comments:

Post a Comment