Friday, June 13, 2014

Biking around St. Simons and a Surprise Fleming Visit

Wednesday we unfolded our Dahon bikes that we bought at the Eckerd Yard Sale back in March and took off to explore the island. (See my earlier post about the Yard Sale here) The bike trails runs from the marina bridge all the way to the center of town.  There are 30 miles of bike trails here for us to explore.



When we returned from our ride, I wanted to explore the docks.  It is always interesting to read the names of boats, check out their home port, and of course, see if anyone is aboard.  I headed to the end of our dock and the name Elizabeth Anne caught my eye--I realized another Fleming had joined us.   John & Elizabeth Pohl had just arrived on their way to Sanford, FL.  We joined them for dinner at The Crab Shack on Wednesday evening and gave them a ride to pick up a rental car.  John had to drive to Orlando for work on Thursday, but Beth and I got to play some tennis and shop.  Steve was delighted that I found someone to go into town with me.  We had a great day and enjoyed dinner with Beth at Coastal Kitchen while we waited for John to return. 




No comments:

Post a Comment