Saturday, June 7, 2014

It's A Lemon Lime Good Time!


I took the opportunity to host supper club while Steve was away.  We have been gathering for supper club for perhaps 15 years.   In the beginning, we all mailed out printed or hand written invitations.  Now--we send out an email--so much simpler.  As one might image, we have had many many differently themed suppers.  After wracking my sometimes creative mind, I decided to search the internet for a fun supper club theme.  I found one I thought  perfect at the blog Invite & Delight.

Carole--the author of the blog- writes about her love of dinner parties and shares her ideas. She has a fantastic blog chock full of great ideas and recipes. (I tried her Garlic Asparagus with Lime ) I discovered her "Lemon-Lime--It's Summertime" party and used her ideas as an inspiration. I especially like her decoratioins for the party.  It is especially easy to decorate with lemons and limes and green and yellow flowers which brighten any room.  







 I sent out the email to all of the supper club girls asking them to bring an item using lemon or lime as one of the ingredients.  I got to work on some lemon lime colored decorations and cleaning up the house after I decided on the main dish of Lemon Chicken Picatta. All the Supper Club friends responded enthusiastically.  We ended up with the menu below. 

Menu


Lemon Hummus (Publix) with Yellow and Green Pepper Strips
Citrus Water
Lemon Lime Iced Tea
Ciabatta Loaf and Cheese Bread with Lemon Butter
Lemon Ice Box Pie

Iced Citrus Tea
Iced Citrus Water
Margarita Sangria
Click on item for printable recipe


We rarely have any duplicate dishes, tonight was a popular night for asparagus, but hey--I love asparagus!

One of my friends loves to call herself Michelle Pfeiffer--I can't even remember why, and it is probably not repeatable anyway.  She brought the delicious shrimp ceviche so we will call her whatever she wants to be called. This recipe is especially good for those who don't  like ceviche because the fish isn't cooked in the traditional way but is marinated for several hours.  Michelle's recipe cooks the shrimp and then marinates. 


Lemon Lime Ice Water and Lemon Lime Iced Tea are easy enough for every day.  Slice lemons and limes and place in a pitcher, cover with water or tea and chill.  Serve tea with mint leaves over ice.  The margarita Sangria was tasty and refreshing--but maybe a little strong. 

Everything was delicious and refreshing for a cooler than usual May evening!


















No comments:

Post a Comment