Friday, March 4, 2016

Test Results

Test results are confirmed.  Steve and I both have SAD. Seasonal Affect Disorder.  How about you?  It is highly contagious, especially in February and March in Georgia.  There is no vaccine.  There is no cure.  One must just trudge wearily through this affliction until March 20. 




Our physician, Dr. Wik I. Pedia, told us that this mood disorder sometimes effects people who have normal mental health (has he met us?) throughout most of the year but experience depressive symptoms in the winter.  One treatment is to get some exercise or get outside and get some fresh air.  That seems illogical.  We wouldn’t feel depressed if we could go outside without freezing to death.  Steve went out earlier this week and look what happened.  He had a chainsaw in hand and did some damage. Some might call it a massacre...

Notice the peacock running away






The pine was dead and had to come down



My symptoms seem to subside if I can play some tennis.  I don’t even mind playing in the cold.  There is something therapeutic about hitting a tennis ball. 

  





No tennis for me today, so I took a walk around the yard—bleak, wan, lonely.

Asparagus fern survived winter but needs a trim

It's too cold to climb up the tree with a good book

Results of the chainsaw massacre ready for a fall burn

Too dreary for a nice swing

Ahh, but I kept looking and I found hope.  Those sweet little yellow faces smiled up at me. The jonquil!  Spring is but a few days away…














Best of Luck to all of you suffering with us through your bad case of SAD.  Look around and maybe you, too, can find some evidence that spring is on the way!

Joy



6 comments:

  1. Have you made the trip to Gibbs Gardens? Over 1 million jonquil/daffodils will be in bloom plus a bunch of other spring stuff. May help...I don't know..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is Gibbs Gardens? Can we get there by boat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its off Yellow Creek Rd in Ball Ground, almost to Tate. Here's a link: http://www.gibbsgardens.com/garden-photos/daffodil-gardens/

      Delete
    2. Thanks Eddie--we are going to try to work in a visit in April.

      Delete
  3. I believe the technical term for some of that carnage is "crape-murder".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, sounds like a great name for a mystery to me.

      Delete