Sunday, February 28, 2016

Manatees

If you could be an animal, what would you be?  Steve once told us he would love to be an otter. Why?  They swim around all day.  I won't tell you the fate of those otters who ended up in our pond eating the fish we had just imported. 

Me?  If I have to be an animal, I choose to be a manatee.  Why?  Because manatees are gentle, slow moving animals--I can do that.   They spend most of their time eating, resting and traveling--I am pretty good at all of those things.  

Click on the  link to these underwater videos of manatees from Blue Springs Park so you can see what I would be doing as a manatee.  (You may have to give an email address to view) 





I know this is a tiny post--I have been away--pursuing another interest of mine.  Details in a future post.  

What animal would you be if you could?  Don't be shy--let us know.

Joy




2 comments:

  1. sorry, I keep having flashbacks to sharing the slip at Captiva with the manatees......the do a lot more than swim, eat & travel.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to get bogged down in the details of all the eating but yes, I remember the manatees at Captiva--they just needed a bigger place to roam.

    ReplyDelete