Friday, April 29, 2016

World's Largest Marine Supply Store

Boasting 30,000 square feet of indoor space and 10 acres of outdoor,  it is easy to see why Marine Connection Liquidators is the largest marine supply store in the world.  It is certainly Steve's favorite place to shop.  It is located in Fort Pierce about 45 minutes from Stuart.  

Steve is in need of boat supplies for his latest project. (If you missed my post on the Boston Whaler project, you can read about that here.)  Need supplies for your Everglades, Mako, Wellcraft, Pursuit or Sailfish--this is the place for you.  

I am going to brag about myself in this post.  Someone (I won't name names) once told me that you should toot your own horn because no one is going to toot it for you.  So today I am tooting my own horn about being a fabulous wife who accompanies her husband to marine supply stores.  

The shopping trip  role reversal that occurs on a visit to Marine Connection is astonishing.  Steve meanders down each aisle.  He has a list in hand but makes sure to walk down each aisle to see if there is anything else out there he needs.  Oh--and he has a second list.  Why two lists?  His friend--I will just call him Mc-- is also a boat enthusiast.  Steve enjoys this shopping experience so much that he volunteers to take care of Mc's shopping list.  Hmmm--is this a new business endeavor?  Doesn't everyone need a personal shopper for all boating needs? 

I buzz through each aisle looking for interesting photo opportunities while Steve starts checking off his lists.  









I head out side for some shots








  That's me--waiting patiently (tooting my horn again)

I suggested to the owner that he should put in a few chairs for manicures and pedicures.  I predict sales would expand exponentially.  The woman sitting next to me agreed.  

The Happy Shopper 


Joy


2 comments: