Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March Madness

On Friday, March 15  Lainey, Miranda, and I left Steve and Piper aboard to head home.  Lainey and Miranda had to be back at school and they  needed a day to get Lainey's car repaired as well as a day to shop. Steve stayed in Titusville until Sunday afternoon when he was joined by Jack French and Spencer McCroskey.  Both are experienced boaters who volunteered to help Steve move the boat further south so that we could be closer to the Bahamas when we finally get ready to leave.  Many thanks to bot Jack and Spencer!

I had a full week at home.  I was able to join my tennis team for one coaching session and one match.  My partner Cindy Moon and I won in two sets!!! We have been playing tennis together for close to 15 years.


My father turned 79 this week so I was able to spend a little time with him and my mom.  We are lucky that they live close by.  Many thanks to them too as they watch after our zoo of animals when everyone is away. 

My supper club met while I was home.  This was a great treat for me because I have not been able to attend many meetings this past year because of our crazy schedule.  We had a great time acting out our own version of Chopped  a Food Network series. 

On Saturday, Katy and I met Caroline at the Waverly Galleria Mall and Conference Center where she was involved in a Pan-Hellenic training meeting.  After this meeting, we headed to Perimeter Mall to look for a formal dress for Caroline for a function she will be attending in April.  (I would call this function a dance, but I am not up on the latest sorority lingo)

After shopping with her we headed home where Katy left to join some friends in Athens.  Steve and I took Caroline out to eat at the local Mexican restaurant.   Caroline was disappointed that Katy's Mexican love interest at the restaurant was not working.  (Long story short--a middle aged bus boy at the restaurant is infatuated with Katy)

Sunday morning, I drove Caroline back to school to prepare for the Founder's Day Luncheon for her sorority.  The local chapter of her sorority met for a luncheon where they discussed future plans, gave out awards and generally updated everyone on the status of the sorority. 






Caroline and I shopped a little more than headed off to eat at  an Indian Restaurant in town.  We had a great meal and she took home two to go boxes.  I headed to my hotel where I slept from about 9:00 until 7:30--without waking up even once--

On Monday I helped Caroline get her car jumped off since the battery had died, we shopped some more, and ate a little lunch before I headed back home. 

After arriving home I learned that our dogs Hobie and Jack had gotten out of our fenced in yard.  Hobie had returned--Jack was still missing.  This is always traumatic for us.  Jack likes to wander and is fond of the ladies.  He does not like it when we find him and make him get back into the car  to go home. 

While waiting for Jack to turn up, I got to play with Mr. Adventure's men's tennis group.  It is a rare treat for me to play with them.  They are very good and don't treat me like a girl---in fact I think Steve at least aims at me.  While we were playing our friend Clay came over to cheer us on wearing his Nanook of the North Hat--we couldn't tell who he was but he was warm.  It was snowing while we played--so Clay was dressed appropriately.  After the match, the men headed over to Clay's house.  While there, Steve got a call that Jack had been found stuck under a tarp at a neighbors house.  Thank goodness--we wouldn't have been able to sleep had he been missing.

On Tuesday we (not me so much) put up the portable dog kennel.   Steve had taken it down while he rebuilt our peacock kennel.  We decided we better get this up since Jack seemed pretty determined to visit his lady friends this spring season. 

Wednesday was a day for packing and cleaning up everything before heading out on Thursday. 







No comments:

Post a Comment