Saturday, May 17, 2014

That Big Red Round Barn


We have been looking for mattresses for a bedroom we are adding to our basement.  A neighbor told me the prices at Round Barn Mattress are the best.  Always looking to save a buck, I convinced Steve to take a trip with me to this historic building.  Built in 1913, the barn was used by a dairy farmer.  A silo runs in the center of the structure which today houses the office.  On July 7, 1996,the round barn and surrounding farm was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.  The Round Barn is located just outside of Jefferson, Georgia heading toward Apple Valley.  I have passed this barn many times on our trips from Lawrenceville to Commerce to visit my Grandparents.  For many years I have wanted to visit this unique structure--I finally got my wish.







Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment