Saturday, November 14, 2015

Mum's the Word

Chrysanthemum.  Say that three times really fast.  We are 12 days away from Thanksgiving.  Most people are counting down to Christmas--not the Poole Family.  Back home for a while, we are getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner at our home.  Steve and I love a good party and we love hosting this dinner.  We have always said we need a party to help us get the house clean the yard picked up.  

The plants on the front porch look like they have been taking steroids over the summer and fall months.  The hanging baskets of bleeding heart have almost withered up but the Asparagus ferns must weight 10-20 pounds.  It is time to take these plants out and replace with fall colors.  I chose to plant beautiful yellow Chrysanthemums in our beautiful blue planters.   Blue and yellow--not typical fall colors but pretty any way.  

Steve and I got them planted and watered on Thursday.   On Friday morning I noticed that half of them had been pulled out of the pot and tossed on the sidewalk.  You don't want to know what I said--Let's just say I didn't learn these words in Sunday School at Lawrenceville First Baptist.  It turns out the peacocks (both of them) like to did up the plants and pull the heads off.   

After the several hours it took me to calm down, I went out and repotted the plants and decided to bring them inside the house.  It turns out--mums can live inside. According to experts, mums are ready for interior grown with some important notes.  Position the mum so that it receives bright light during the day but no light at night.  Regular watering is also important. I think I can accomplish these tasks.  

As for the peacocks, I am thinking about roasting them for Thanksgiving, mums the word though I don't want PETA coming after me.    Wondering if eating peacock is legal in the United States then click here .   Interested in buying a pound or two of Peacock-- can be purchased here




Joy

1 comment:

  1. Hummm, that would be an interesting entry for my cooking blog........I'll be checking for recipes!

    ReplyDelete