Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Time to Head South

Hurricane season is over and it is time to head south, although I don't really want to go because St. Simons has become a place I have grown to love.  On Wednesday, if all goes well we will leave and head to Fernandina Beach.  We have reservations at the city marina and may stay a few days there before heading on to our final destination of Lamb's Yacht Center in Jacksonville.  We plan to keep Meandering Joy at Lamb's for a couple of months for some repair work.  This location is a great place from which to begin another tour of the St. John's River.  We visited the St. John's two years ago for 5 days.  It is such a beautiful river that we plan to devote two weeks to our next trip up the St. John's.


Our internet services has been spotty at best--most of the shorter posts have been with my phone.  Many of you know how I have gotten into trouble in the past trying to use my cell to post pictures.  I have learned my lesson and now try to find free internet (I am at the library writing this post).  

Pictures for today's post are from the flower bed at home.  Steve is experimenting with growing sunflowers.  










Joy

1 comment:

  1. Wish we could be at Fernandina with you. May we suggest Le Clos for dinner - http://leclos.com/

    ReplyDelete