Thursday, November 26, 2015

Why Am I in this Room?

Do you ever walk into a room and forget the reason you came into the room in the first place?  This happens to me frequently.  Since I am not proud and never mind asking a question of my good friend Google, I did in fact ask "Why did I walk into this room?"  Google always answers my questions.  

It seems that there is actually a term that explains this phenomenon.  The scientist Gabriel Radvansky spent nearly 20 years using both computer based and real word experiments to answer my question.  The experiments he used were to assess how one's memory responded to a change in environment.  The experiments determined that passing through a door seemed to make people forget.  The brain phenomenon is called an "event boundary."  It seems that the brain compartmentalize events and ties them to an environment or room so remembering what you intend to do when leaving one room and arriving in another room is much harder because of the boundary than just crossing from one side of the room.  

Now that I know I am not losing my mind and many people have this "event boundary" problem I am looking for a great Thanksgiving dinner.  We are expecting almost 30 people and lots of wonderful foods.  So thankful for those who read the blog.  



Love this sweet boy who came to visit me this week with Lainey.  Happy Thanksgiving.

Joy












1 comment:

  1. Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving - even if you can't remember it.

    ReplyDelete