Sunday, February 9, 2014

The only trip I ever regretted...

I can just hear Gomer Pyle saying "Surprise, surprise, surprise."  When we got home recently , I found a surprise.  After unpacking and getting everything settled, I headed to my car to go get some groceries.  There it was--my surprise.  A gift sat waiting for me in the drivers seat.  I can't even begin to imagine how it got there.  Just the sight of it made me smile and pause and wonder--who left this for me?  How did this get here?

Inside the package I discovered a beautiful silver frame with an especially  fitting quote for this adventure we continue to live. .

So what is the quote?  "The only trip I ever regretted...Is the trip I didn't take."


I love this quote as a reminder to take risks, act on impulse, step outside of the box.  It reminds me of what  Mark Twain  says  "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do."   How true!

The surprise was from Terry Wright, a friend I met at church.  She and her husband were very supportive and encouraging when they learned of our boating adventure.  Terry is one of those people who just make the world a nicer place.   
  

Many thanks to Terry for this sweet surprise!  



P


   P.S.  This photo has nothing to do with the gift or the quote--just thought it was pretty! 















 

No comments:

Post a Comment