Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A Happy New Year to You

Happy New Year!  Yes I know it is January 6 and I am way behind on my wishes   Steve and I spent a quiet (boring) evening at home for New Year's Eve.  We needed the break after operating at top speed with all of our girls home for a few days--but oh what fun we had with those girls.  They keep us laughing and happy.  

Now that the house is clean (as clean as possible with 2 cats and 2 dogs competing for a place on the warm rug), the decorations are put away (ok they are upstairs but not in the attic), and our girls have returned to their homes, I am taking the opportunity to think about the blog and our time aboard Meandering Joy.  We started the blog on November 7, 2012.  You can read that short blog post here.  I have learned so very very much since that first night aboard Meandering Joy.   

2013 and 2015 are the years with the most posts--I suppose that is because of our trips to the Bahamas on both those years which meant many new places to visit and photograph giving bye much writing material.   I don't know what happened to me in 2014--I can only assume that I became so familiar with St. Petersburg and St. Simons that I didn't write much because there wasn't much that was new.  We are not planning any trips to the Bahamas in 2016--so how do I plan to keep up with my blogging. We have several plans for MJ.  As usual we are keeping our plans tentative but have a general idea.

2016 Tentative Plans

January & February:  Lamb's Yacht Center will be our home base.  Our plans are to explore the St. Johns River

March & April:  Move from Jacksonville toward Stuart with some time spent in Palm Coast

May:  Cross the Okechobee Canal and head to St. Petersburg, FL.  (Lainey graduates from Eckerd in St. Pete we want to have the boat at The Vinoy which is in downtown St. Petersburg)  

June through October:  We would like to cross the Gulf of Mexico, go as far as Mobile Bay then head up the (I Don't Know What) water way and end up somewhere in Tennessee.   We will be working on the details of this trip over the next few weeks and months.  

November & December- ???

Now that you know our plans--what are yours?  Will you join us on one of our trips?  We would love to see you.

Joy











2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan! We will try to join you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not very detailed as of yet--but we will get there. We have to order the Tennessee charts--I think traveling the Alabama River, Tom Bigby Waterway and others to Chattanooga will be very interesting--plus not too far from home. Hope you can join us--if not on St. Johns then another place on the water.

    ReplyDelete