Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Visit to Sailorman

In my other life, (no I don't believe in reincarnation, but my other life before we bought the boat) I never would have enjoyed visiting a store such as Sailorman.  But, if you have read my blog, you know that I also enjoyed Sailor's Exchange in Jacksonville. Something weird has happened to me.  Back to the post-- Sailorman is in Ft. Lauderdale. It is the world's largest new and used marine supplies and equipment store. Sailor man began in the 1970's out of the back of a hatchback vehicle and has grown into a 10,000 square foot building.

I don't need any paint, but aren't these the pretty?





They have more fishing rods and reels than anything else.  I found some very pretty lures--that's probably not how most people describe lures, but really--they are very nice.




Mr. Adventure wandered off and left me to my own devices.  The workers inside looked at me pretty funny--I could tell they were thinking--why is this woman in here and why is she taking photos of lures.  Oh well, when Mr. Adventure found me, he insisted on taking this picture in front of a very large anchor.  The sticker price $18,000 used.

I was practicing my sorority pose.  Having spent several hours with Caroline and her sorority sisters, I think it rubbed off a little.  Maybe I am a DG (Delta Gamma) at heart, after all their symbol is the anchor.


I don't know what this is, but it is for sale $650.00.  Anyone know how to use this? What is it?


I wouldn't want to untangle all this line....
.
Anchors everywhere

Propellers too!

old and new
Pirate Bouncer for those who misbehave
What a pretty smile!
We bought a styrofoam cooler at Sailorman for $6.00  We have filled the fridge and freezer to the brim--we needed the cooler for overflow. 

Looks like we will leave Dania on Monday for the Bahamas.  The weather looks pretty good for that now.  Now we are looking for a church in walking distance for Easter Sunday services. 


No comments:

Post a Comment