Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sunday at Cistern Cay in the Berry Islands



April 7



After paying our bill to the marina, we left heading to Sandy Point in the Abacos.  We made it our of the marina and the harbor just fine and headed toward the cruise ships on Little Stirrup Cay.  About the time we passed them the waves picked up nicely to about 3-4 feet with the stray 6 foot wave.  After about 20 minutes I reminded Steve that this was supposed to be fun and I wasn't having any fun.  He agreed with me and we turned around to find an anchorage in Cistern Cay. 



While I am usually calm during the rough waters, once I return, it takes me a while to settle down.  I must have a delayed reaction to terror.  In the early afternoon we ventured out in the dinghy to see the sunken plane nearby.  Steve planned to snorkel around this plane while I sat on the deserted beach to read.   Just being near a crashed plane is frightening to me--I saw nothing enjoyable about looked around the wreck. 



The afternoon was spend on the cockpit deck enjoying the sun and a book.  We joined Popeye for a dinner of leftovers & potluck in the early evening.  Popeye had decided to anchor near us for their early departure for Lucaya on Monday morning.  Dwight fried some mahi he had caught for dinner while I brought our leftover deer steak with gravy.  The mahi was rolled in Panko crumbs and fried in coconut oil.  I thought it was delicious. 


As the sunset, we realized we had not turned on our anchor light--so we left just as the sun was saying goodnight to a beautiful day.  Steve took Piper on one last walk before going to bed early--by 8:30.  We are planning to leave early Monday morning for islands of the Abacos.


Large Starfish in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment