Friday, April 12, 2013

April 11




Thursday, April 11

This morning I worked on getting my computer to get online.  The marina has free wifi, but my computer decided to act up.  Will from Baltimore, graciously helped me figure out how to correct the problem--well in reality--he did all the work.  We worked with my computer for about 2 hours.  Finally, he corrected the problem and my computer was ready to run except for the dead battery. 

After lunch we rode bikes into town.  We found the free dingy dock and the grocery store.  Maxwell's grocery has been opened for about 2 years.  We just ran in for a moment--just want to be prepared for when we actually need food.  We went into several shops.  Steve found a t-shirt with the logo "I'd rather be in a boat with a drink on the rocks than in the drink with the boat on the rocks." 

The return trip to the marina was warm and up hill--so we headed to the pool to cool off.  Around 4:30 we headed to the boat to prepare an appetizer for social hour.  All who attend bring an appetizer to share.  I brought corn & jalapeno cheese dip.  It was not the hit that it is at tennis.  I have got to get DeAnn to give her recipe to me.  There was everything from brie & avocado on crackers to rum balls.  Today we met Ann and Mike of Traveling Soul.  Their hailing port is in Virginia near Dale City.  We also met John & Millie from Charleston who are anchored on a sailboat out in the harbor. 

The people who run the marina are very friendly and make the atmosphere quite welcoming.  We are enjoying our time here as we meet more of the residents. 




No comments:

Post a Comment