Sunday, March 1, 2015

Provisioning Tips

The people at Publix in Marathon know me by name.   Customers who pass me smile either because they are grateful they are not making such a large purchase or they smile because they know I am stocking my boat to take a trip and they wish they were taking a their boat  somewhere also. (I am choosing to interpret their looks this way--surely they are not upset because I bought the last 10 cases of Fresca or Diet Coke...)

I am provisioning in much the same way as I did in 2013 with just a few changes.  Mary Anne on Proud Mary recommended I use Debbie Meyer Green Bags to store produce.  Mary Ann uses these regularly to keep fruits and vegetables fresh longer in the refrigerator.  These bags are made in the USA, reusable and are BPA free.  I have used these for strawberries.  The strawberries stayed fresh for 7 days.  Perhaps they would have lasted longer, but,  we ate them.  Debbie sells a multitude of products that you  can purchase even if you don't have a boat.  Click here to see Debbie's many innovative food storage and preservation products.




Joy




No comments:

Post a Comment