Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas Goodies & Family Update

Our Christmas Holiday begins today (12/19) with Caroline arriving from Utah and Lainey coming in from a visit to Texas.  With these two living in different states- we try to make it possible that they see as many family members as possible in their short visit home.   

They have a list of favorite foods they want me to cook while they are here --I am not sure how much of these will get finished--but I plan to enlist their help so they can learn to make Boiled Custard, Red Velvet Cheesecake and Twice Baked Potatoes.  

I recently  made two of their favorite easy sweet treats.  No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies and Saltine Toffee


This recipe for Saltine Toffee is easy mainly because I typically have all the ingredients on hand:  saltine crackers, dark brown sugar, butter and chocolate chips.  I used the recipe from All Recipes but I might try the one by Rachel Ray next time.



The No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are easy and delicious.  My Mother made these when I was little--one of our favorites.  The ingredients for these are usually in the pantry as well: peanut butter, oatmeal, cocoa, sugar, butter, milk & vanilla.  The Food Network has a good recipe.


Joy





1 comment: