Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November 20, 2012


November 20, 2012

It is great to be home.  Steve is running around taking care of business responsibilities while I am preparing the house for family and friends who will be coming in and out all week.  If Publix had been running a contest on who could fill their cart with the most food, I would have taken the prize.  Lainey let me know that Michael would be here for dinner tonight and Mitchell might be here on Wednesday night.  She said she is craving home cooked food.  I don't know what Caroline has in mind, but she will probably be happy with some homemade macaroni and cheese. 

We are hosting the family Thanksgiving dinner so I am in charge of the turkey and dressing and gravy.  Lainey has requested a Reese's peanut butter cheesecake and Steve has requested boiled custard and jello.   I will be working on those things today and cleaning up a bit.  

Ephesisans 2:8-9, 3: 16-19 & Psalm 62:8

Paul writes in Ephesians 3:16-19: I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in y our inner being so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith and I pray that you being rooted and established in love may have power together with all the saints to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love that surpasses knowledge that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 

I am thankful for a God who loves me with a vast love that surpasses my understanding.  We are getting ready for the return of Caroline and Lainey from college for the Thanksgiving holiday.  The excitement I feel about having all of my children at home with us is rumbling through me.  If I can feel such love for these children of mine, imagine the love our God feels with his omnipotent power and grace for His children.  That is so mind boggling for me, that I think I will just revel in the thought of it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment