Monday, January 21, 2013

Crafty Boating

 In December, I worked on some knot trivets while aboard.  Making these trivets were not easy for me.  I finally got the hang of it while we were home for Christmas.   I received a text from Dave with a picture of the trivet he was working on in North Carolina.  I really like the line he used--I think he got it from his artist/teacher daughter Laura.  He did a pretty good job. 
Since Dave sent me his picture of  his  trivet, I sent him a trivet I had made to test for me.   Dave sent back this picture. 
Thanks to Dave for reading my blog and keeping up with us.  We have known Dave and his wife Charlene for twenty plus years.  We met at Lawrenceville First United Methodist Church in Sunday School.  The Robson's have three daughters who are very close in age to our three daughters.  We began traveling with them in 1986 and have enjoyed a yearly beach trip and Memorial Day trip with them almost every year since that time.  There are two other families with whom we also travel--the Moreman's and the Martin's.   We were indeed blessed by our time at LFUMC by their friendship. 

My latest project is a Turk's Head Knot Bracelet.  I started one on our way from Amelia to Jacksonville.  It didn't turn out to be symetrical--so I pulled it apart and began again.  The finished product is pretty good.






I found a tutorial online for instructions to complete this bracelet.  I also used  The Marlinspike Sailor by Harvey Garrett Smith.  I discovered a youTube video that was very helpful.  I need some more practice, but I will master this bracelet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment