Sunday, January 13, 2013

Wimbee Creek Anchorage


January 13, 2013

Wimbee Creek is a nice  place to anchor.  We arrived just before sunset.  There are houses in the distance.  Be sure not to get too close to the homes because there have been reports of boats getting anchors stuck on concrete debris evidently tossed into the creek after development.  
Where has all the water gone?

View of Wimbee Creek

Sunset at Wimbee Creek


Mr. Adventure installed the bell --look closely to see the engraving.

We had a peaceful night at anchor.  There were no winds and no sounds from the ghosts of pirates past and not a peep from screeching eels of The Princess Bride.  We were again surrounded by a dense fog this morning.  I went out to watch the sunrise and listen to the world wake up.  I heard what I thought was a deer snort at a duck as it bent down to drink some water.  The birds are up early calling out orders to their flock and perhaps warning off other birds.  A woodpecker began his day early.  I heard the bird my Granddaddy used to tell me was saying "prettygirlprettygirlprettygirl".    Mr. Adventure joined me to hear the morning concert of the animals.  He identified one sound as the call of a loon.  However, he couldn't believe a loon would be in these parts.  There are cows somewhere announcing their hunger to the world.  When the fog lifted, I could see the herd of cattle drinking from the river.  I also saw and heard a dolphin "snort" when it came up from beneath the water.  So, I did not hear a dear as I had thought.  
Sunrise on Wimbee Creek
What is that big blob?

Looks like ink blob art




Crystal clear not, but not as interesting.




Homes on the Wimbee River







Psalm 118:24  1 Peter 2:21


2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed these pictures. I love Charleston. Martha will go to visit Miriam in a couple of weeks. Miriam lives in Mt. Pleasant not far from one of your bridge pics.
    Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, we could have visited with her while we were there. Charleston is one of my favorite cities. It is especially nice in 70 degree weather. I don't care to be there in July and August.

    ReplyDelete