Sunday, January 13, 2013

Beaufort SC

We are heading to Beaufort, SC today.  We plan to dock at the free city docks and walk around town for a while. From the Bull River where we anchored, we took the Coosaw River to the Beaufort River.  It was about 20 miles to Beaufort from Bull River.  We were traveling at high tide, so there was no danger or running aground. 

After finding the city docks, we walked into town.  Beaufort is a sleepy little town littered with history and historic homes.  We walked into a few shops and along the city park that runs alongside the river.  While I was in one store, I looked out and saw a person I recognized from home.  Rather than make a fool of myself, like I have been known to do when I think I know someone, I took a good look at the man in the truck.  He looked at me too--I guess he would when he saw some woman staring at him from the street corner.  Fortunately, I recognized his wife in the passenger seat.  They parked and got out to talk with us for a few moments.  Mike and Terri from Grayson, Georgia, have a home in Hilton Head, SC and decided to come into Beaufort for a change.  It was a delight to have run into them.  We may run into them again when we arrive in Hilton Head.  Wow--don't we live in a small world?  


Beaufort Waterfront Park

Drive under shopping

Swings along the waterfront park


Another pink house to add to my collection




Psalm 118:24  1 Peter 2:21


No comments:

Post a Comment