Monday, January 7, 2013

Munchies for Monday

Yesterday I prepared a ham sandwich recipe that is delicious.  My mother in law cooked them for me many years ago and I was hooked.  When I am responsible for sandwiches for tennis matches, I frequently make these.
Ingredients
1/4 cup butter
2 TBS Spicy Brown Mustard (with horseradish if possible)
2 TBS grated onion
2 TSP poppy seeds
24 pkg of small  potato rolls (I sometimes use the small Hawaiian rolls)
1-16 oz.  pkg of sliced ham cut into bite size pieces that fit on the rolls
16 oz pkg of jalapeno cheese cut into 48 (bun size) slices.

Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees. 
Melt butter, add mustard, onion, and poppy seeds.
Slice the rolls if necessary and place the bottom on a 9x13 pan lined with foil.  Spread the melted butter mixture over the bottom of bottom of the buns.  Layer with cheese, ham, cheese. Spread remaining butter on the tops of the bun and place on top of the last of the cheese.  Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes until the cheese is melted.

You can use larger buns to make 8 sandwiches, but I usually use the smaller buns for appetizer size sandwiches.  If you don't like jalapeno cheese, you can use swiss or cheddar if you prefer.

I don't have picture of the sandwiches, but I do have a picture of the Savory Cracker mix I have been talking about.  See it below.


No comments:

Post a Comment