Friday, January 11, 2013

Favorites Friday


January 11, 2013

Its Favorites Friday again.  The fog rolled in this morning so I suppose I could call today's post Foggy Favorites Friday.  (Yes, I like alliteration)  I have begun to enjoy foggy mornings if we are not traveling.  Fog seems to soften the world outside.  The fog began to burn off about 8:00 and the boats around us became visible.  




One of my favorite things about living aboard a boat is the order and neatness of the boat.  We do not have endless amounts of space, so we do not have anything aboard that we do not need.  I am reminded of a plaque given to me by a student many years ago that said "Simplify".  At the time we were studying simplifying fractions--so it was funny that the student thought of this.   We have simplified our lives by not having so many things.  

In the galley we have Cuisinart coffee maker.  It is very similar to our coffee maker at home except that the pot is made stainless steel rather than glass.  Now we don't have to worry about a broken coffee pot if we encounter rough weather in the future.  The pot is insulated so it will keep the coffee warm for a while without having to use electricity which is a good thing when we are underway.  
Isn't Steve's new coffee cup great? Wide base to prevent it from tipping over.  

One of my favorite purchase since we began our adventure is my makeup bag.  It rolls up into a convenient size with a handle and a snap.  Unroll it to find 4 separate containers which detach if needed.  It has a hook that allows me to hang it up rather than take up precious counter space.


Have a fabulous Friday...

Philppians 4:7     Matthew 14:30     Hebrews 12:2

3 comments:

  1. I can piture sitting on the deck bundled up, not freezing but cold out. Drinking a hot cup of coffee while waiting for a pot of New England clam chowder to cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was too warm to be bundled up while in Charleston, but it was nice to drink a cup of coffee on the deck. I will have to look up a recipe for the New England Clam Chowder. Let me know if you have one!

      Delete
  2. I don't but any good cook book will have one.

    ReplyDelete